Shropshire Council have exciting opportunities for three HR Officers to join their growing team based in Shrewsbury.
Job Title: HR Officers
Location: Shrewsbury, SY2 6ND
Salary: £29,123 - £32,672 per annum
Job Type: 12 months fixed term - Full Time - 37 hours
Shropshire Council is embarking on a major Council wide transformation programme to move to a Digital by Default Commissioning Council. The transformation programme is aimed at ‘Creating a better future’, which puts improving the quality of life of all local people at the heart of everything we do. A significant project within this programme is the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) project which will look to replace the existing systems for Finance, Procurement, HR & Payroll within our Resources and Support services.
As a member of the HR Advice & Projects Team within HR you will support the delivery of the transformation programme in line with the Council’s vision, values and strategic objectives.
HR Officers – Key Responsibilities:
- Provides a comprehensive employee relations, HR Advice service on a wide range of collective and individual staff matters to a range of internal and external customers including: Directors, Heads of Service, Service Managers across the Council, Head teachers and School Governors. Town and Parish Councils
- Maintains effective and productive working relationships with colleagues, managers, staff, and other partners as appropriate
- Conversant with current legislation and thinking locally and nationally in relation to employee and employment matters generally
- Undertakes project work on a range of HR/OD initiatives to develop the service offering to our customers
- Responsible to the Senior HR Officer who in turn is responsible for the postholder’s health and safety, training and development
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes
As HR Officers, you will ideally have experience with demonstrable experience of working in a local authority setting, with either schools or corporate services experience. Your main focus once on board for the HRBP & HRO’s will be to lead and implement HR projects and initiatives, and support the wide customer base of the HR&D team.
HR Officers – Benefits:
- Competitive basic salary
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual leave entitlement is pro rata for 25 days per year plus additional days for long service. Bank holidays also apply
As part of the council’s pre-employment checks you will be required to complete the following:
- Satisfactory employment references
- DBS check
- Medical report
- Evidence of the qualifications required for the post/listed on your application form
Please note – we do NOT accept CV’s. To continue your application for HR Officers please click ‘Apply’ now.
Keywords: HR Assistant, HR Administrator, HR Advisor, Personnel Officer, HR Manager, HR Coordinator, Recruitment Consultant, Recruitment Officer, HR Consultant, HR Generalist.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75181503