Senior Development Engineer - Engine Mechanics
Senior Development Engineer – Engine Mechanics
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Shrewsbury with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a permanent opportunity for a Senior Development Engineer to join their team. The salary on offer is up to £46,000, dependant on experience, plus bonus and excellent benefits.
Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Development Engineer specialised in Core Engine Mechanics to be part of an enthusiastic multi-functional team working at the fore front of Engine, transmission and Power Pack Solutions for multiple Ministry of Defence programmes throughout Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
The role of a Senior Development Engineer is that of an individual contributor. This position will be accountable for contributing to the identification, analysis and resolution of engineering problems in a discipline for which the incumbent is beginning to build a reputation as an expert. You will perform complex analysis work, demonstrate technical expertise and may be requested to lead on occasion.
The major focus of the job is to deliver ‘technical excellence on time’ by communicating technical information & solutions in a concise and accurate manner and accepts that decisions taken may impact project deliverables/product reputation.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Development Engineer
- Creating and executing test evaluation programmes, and producing detailed reports, including all relevant calculations and analysis and/or presentations as required.
- Providing guidance and direction on the project/product to less experienced engineers.
- Identifying critical characteristics, conducting system FMEA’s, attending design reviews and project reviews as required.
- Liaising closely with suppliers and customers to achieve high quality, cost effective product.
- Communicating technical information to customers, team members, suppliers and other business units.
- Assisting in Planning, resource profiling and costing verification and validation elements of Engineering Programmes.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Senior Development Engineer role
- Sound knowledge of diesel Engine, Transmission & Power Pack operation.
- Experience of Military Vehicle applications.
- Engineering degree OR HND with experience and excellent analytical skills.
- Good team working skills with leadership potential.
- Self-motivated and energetic with good communication skills and to be prepared to present to and have discussions with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to deliver work to clearly defined plans within tight timescales.
- Be prepared for travel globally (approx. 15%) working on military projects.
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities and prepared to accept responsibility for area of experience and expertise.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.