MI Analyst / Developer
My client is looking to add a high calibre Data driven graduate to join a professional, highly rated and growing Business Intelligence function. The team supports a fast-moving organisation and industry sector by providing high quality Management Information to support business planning, business change and BAU activities.
The existing team has a senior tier of BI professionals, as such are enthusiastic and have the capacity to on-board graduate talent. The role provides a chance to be part of something worthwhile in growth area, giving exposure to cutting edge BI tools, methodology and strategy in a dynamic & supportive business environment.
The role offers a variety of responsibilities and an opportunity to get significant hands-on experience within BI & advanced analytics. The position would cover (but not limited to): BI report creation & delivery, data extraction / modelling, large data set analysis and the development of data visualisation dashboards. Naturally full training will be provided, thereafter the successful candidate would have ownership of these tasks whilst being encouraged to suggest, deliver and drive technical and process improvement to the BI team.
- Strong academic background (graduate, min 2:1) in an analytical discipline or related (Business Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics Compute Science etc.)
- Experience of using / analysing / interrogating and manipulating data; ideally from intern / placement year or healthy exposure during academic studies
- An understanding of a relational database (SQL, MS SQL, Oracle, Teradata, DB2)Â - desirable
- Exposure to Business Intelligence reporting tools (ideally Business Objects or similar)
- Strong knowledge of Excel (essential)
- Commitment to accuracy, a logical approach and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, work independently and as part of a team
- Positive 'can do attitude
In return you will join a highly reputable UK employer with strong employee ethics and healthy work life balance.
Competitive remuneration + benefits, full training.