Product Development Manager / Head of Product Development- Food
Job Title: New Product Development Manager
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to join a fast growing, innovative, high quality Food Manufacturing business. The company currently manufactures both branded and own label baked products for retail, wholesale and foodservice customers both in the UK and overseas.
As Head of NPD, you will take ownership of the development programme from concept through to launch, ensuring projects run smoothly within time frames and costing specifications.
You will design and produce new and innovative products in response to specific briefs, present new product ideas, manage the critical path process, research and source new ingredients, ensure ingredients and nutritional requirements conform to current legislation.
As well as this the company is looking for someone who is continually evaluating market trends in products and packaging, monitoring customers and competitors then putting forward ideas and concepts that can be speedily brought to market in branded and own label format.
The role is generally factory/office based although it will require a considerable customer interaction with occasional travel to customer sites, consumer shows/exhibitions as and when required.
Skills and Experience - Essential
- A confident and articulate communicator able to present to customers and major retailers.
- A highly numerate and intelligent individual.
- A solid understanding and background in food manufacturing and the NPD process, preferably from within the chilled and ambient bakery sector.
- Commercial acumen.
- An outgoing and friendly personality.
- Good organisation and planning capabilities.
- A track record of building enduring client relationships.
- Willingness to be part of a wider team, supporting operations and the marketing team in line with business demands.
- A good understanding of nutrition, allergens and food safety standards.
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial style.
- Full, clean UK driving license.
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with previous experience, job titles, or qualifications such as; Product Development Manager, Marketing and Sales Manager, Programme Development, Product Development Coordinator, Food Product Manager, International Property Product Manager, Baked Goods Development Manager, Sales Manager may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75208903