RESEARCH AND INFORMATION MANAGER
RESEARCH AND INFORMATION MANAGER
BASED AT TELFORD, SHROPSHIRE
FULL TIME POSITION, 9.00AM - 5.00PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY (37.5 HOUR WEEK)
FLEXIBILITY ON WORKING HOURS REQUIRED INCLUDING WEEKENDS AND EVENINGS
SALARY £19,500 PER ANNUM
Our client is a successful value-based organisation, established as the independent consumer champion to gather and represent the public and patient experiences of using local NHS health and local authority social care services. These services include GPs, pharmacists, hospitals and clinics, dentists, care homes and community-based care. The Company gather, analyse, and act upon the feedback collected, and use this to drive improvements in services throughout Telford and Wrekin. Feedback aids to represent the views of the local people with the commissioners and providers of the services in the design and implementation of future services and service changes.
Our client is seeking to recruit a new Research and Information Manager to join the team at an exciting stage of Company change to support with future growth and development.
JOB PURPOSE - The main principles of the role is to complete research on people's views of health and social care services provided for people of Telford and Wrekin borough, using qualitative, quantitative, participatory, and deliberate methods. The role will undertake analysis and evaluation, and provide and present robust evidence in support of collaboration and co-production of public services.
Responsibilities will also include management of digital media and tools, including maintenance and development support for the Company website and associated Feedback Centre, CIVI-CRM system, and utilising databases, research and media tools and systems including Facebook and Twitter.
- Manage all research projects and activities with all stakeholders about their experiences of using health and social care services in Telford & Wrekin borough, utilising a wide variety of approaches including face-to-face and online research
- Identify, access and assess a range of suitable data evidence sources
- Develop relationships with key educational sectors with a view to future research opportunities
- Be the key point of contact in managing all analysis, evaluation and reporting including monitoring information and reports as required
- Analyse information gathered through research and wider information collected to draw out trends, issues and concerns in relation to health and social care service provision and decision-making in Telford and Wrekin borough
- Evaluate research findings and translate research findings in to practical learning for development and improving health and social care services
- Present and share findings in powerful and convincing ways to different audiences including national organisations, local structures, service providers, service users and general public
- Invite, reflect and respond to feedback on research, and proactively contribute to continuously improving research by making positive suggestions, providing constructive feedback and assisting in the implementation of agreed new ways of working
- Train and support people to take-on peer research roles, putting control and ownership of the research process with people interested in and affected by health and social care services and decision making
- Draw on extensive knowledge and experience of peer researchers in research design and analysis so that research design and interpretation is collaborative and readily lends itself to co-production activity
- Take action to address issues which present barriers to involvement including structural or institutional barriers, community barriers, and personal barriers such as health, care of dependents etc.
- Engage with income-generation activities promoting ability to deliver on non-statutory activity to agreed deadlines and quality
- Any other duties as required
- Excellent research skills; able to demonstrate a high level of ability through relevant experience, preferably in community and/or health and social care research
- Training in ethnographic research, with evidence of ongoing personal development
- Experience in using a range of different research methods including quantitative, qualitative and participatory methods and the skills to choose between methods appropriately
- Ability to analyse data to translate research findings in to practical learning for developing and improving service, and ability to write and present evidence-based reports
- Strong desk research skills with the ability to present complex information in a format that is easy to understand
- Excellent listening, facilitating, liaison skills, and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- Experience of managing or supervising people and projects
- Experience of organising and prioritising a demanding workload
- Experience in using and supporting digital media and research, storage, analysis and reporting IT applications, and proficient in use of computers and office productivity tools/programmes (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook, and databases)
- Knowledge of health and social care services, community development, and volunteering
- Understand Data Protection legislation and Information Governance, and manage and understand risk
- Ability to use initiative and work unsupervised; good at organising workload, meeting deadlines, and ability to manage time and prioritise activities
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist retail recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. C2 Recruitment is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; all of our consultants have actually worked within the industry to which they recruit meaning we truly understand your sector firsthand.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow C2 Recruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
For more jobs in Retail, Fashion and Hospitality, click here
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75128517