Purchasing Manager - Automotive Aftermarket
Purchasing Manager-Automotive Aftermarket
We require a highly motivated Purchasing Manager who has previous purchasing experience in the Automotive, Engineering, Industrial or FMCG sectors.
Would suit experienced Buyer, Procurement Manager or Purchasing Manager
Ideal location – West Midlands- Warwickshire- Worcestershire
Worcester- Redditch- Birmingham- Leamington Spa- Warwick- Coventry-Bromsgrove
£35-50k Basic + Benefits + Career Progression
Our Client specialises in promoting leading Automotive Chemicals, Additives and Car Care brands throughout the UK and Europe. To assist with their continued growth they require a Purchasing Manager.
The products are sold into the Motor Factor / Parts Distribution sector. The role is proactive, the aim is to effectively manage the product purchases to maintain good availability, reduce stock wastage to increase margin and bottom line profit.
The company has excellent growth and the five year plan is to see a six fold increase in business. The Purchasing Manager will play an important part in achieving this success and will benefit with bonus, salary increase and potentially rising to Director Status.
- Experienced Buyer, Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager.
- CIPS Qualified.
- A highly organised, team leader with excellent negotiation skills.
- Articulate with excellent written skills.
- Ability to multitask and work with a variety of people.
- Car accessory, automotive retail or wholesale industry Experience.
- Develop positive relationships with suppliers at all levels identifying key influencers and decision makers.
- Manage the supplier / customer to guarantee smooth operations.
- Ownership of problems is key.
- Responsible for the day to day management of inventory to meet business requirements at an optimised level in terms of cost and cash invested in stock.
- Consistently reviews demand against supply ensuring purchase orders are made in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate with teams across the business to explore new suppliers and pricing saving opportunities.
- Communicate with the senior team to gain approval for purchasing contracts with new vendors or suppliers.
- Continuously compares prices for goods and services to ensure best value arrangements are in place.
- Communicate with suppliers to make sure deadlines are achieved.
- Forecast demand for certain products and make orders accordingly following agreement with the senior team and the finance team to manage the businesses cash flow requirements.
- Check current stock and outstanding orders to track how inventory is used, and adjust purchasing habits in line with changing trends.
- Reviews all purchase invoices against goods ordered and received against ‘fit for use criteria.
- Process payments and invoices, in conjunction with the Accounts team.
- Increase margin on existing lines, reduce and optimise stock holding.
- Develop reports and procedures, seek out new suppliers and new high-quality goods and negotiate best prices on all orders whilst meeting high service delivery standards.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful automotive company (Automotive Chemicals, Additives and Car Care) within a well-established market leading group, should you wish to be considered for this Purchasing Manager’s role, please apply via CV to Julian Curtis, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
JOB REF 2646JC
Glen Callum Associates are leading automotive and industrial recruitment specialists for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75209347