Junior Production Database Administrator
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
We are passionate about our brand, our product, customers, and employees, and we want to meet highly motivated individuals who will share our vision. bet365 is supported by a dedicated and enthusiastic team of in house developers and designers using the latest technologies.
The Infrastructure Department are looking for a Junior Production Database Administrator to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Production Database Team is responsible for supporting bet365 databases and ensuring their performance, availability, scalability and security.
• Responsible for QA of all UAT and Production releases ensuring bet365 standards are followed, deployment of fit for purpose code to UAT and Live, driving all requests through the process to completion ensuring end to end ownership.
• Participation in a shift pattern to provide office cover as determined by bet365 in order to ensure 24/7 support, varying dependent upon prevailing sports.
• Follow and improve internal processes to ensure accurate and consistent database processes are carried out for production database requests with support for operational deployments, business intelligence and analytical reporting requirements.
• Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of a cohesive and consistent approach to system monitoring, ensuring that both software and hardware KPI's are reviewed to achieve the business goals.
• Respond to and resolve ad hoc requests as required to meet business and end user requests.
• Monitor, report on and maintain the reporting of activity and trends on the database servers and databases to senior management to enable a capacity planning strategy to be employed.
• Monitor, report on and maintain a backup strategy for databases.
• Assist with the introduction of any future methods or technologies employed by bet365 for varying levels of continuity.
• Assist with the setup, upgrade and installation of all database servers, ensuring that the correct hardware configuration, covering disk, RAID and storage requirements are in place to provide high availability, scalability and optimum performance
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
• Ideally one year’s experience within IT Infrastructure or Database Management.
• Ideally with one year’s experience of Sql Server database technologies
• Experience of MySQL and Postgres database technologies.
• Experience with systems in an environment with varied complex applications and database architectures.
• Strong communication and presentation skills supported by a high level of energy and persuasion. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
• Comfortable presenting project status to other teams and participating in cross functional meetings and working teams.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects with independent deadlines and deliverables with a strong attention for detail.
The closing date for applications is 28th August 2017.
To apply, send your CV and Covering Letter, quoting the Job Reference Code JPDA0717RD to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ or click on the link to apply.