Health and Wellbeing Service Manager - Derbyshire
ICS Health & Wellbeing is a dynamic and accomplished organisation dedicated to making the UK’s local and workplace communities healthier. Working with local authorities, CCGs and employers, we design, implement and evaluate innovative health and wellbeing services that will result in long-term health benefits through sustained behaviour change.
We are currently seeking someone from a strong operational management background to join us as a Service Manager for a National Diabetes Prevention Programme. This lifestyle intervention is delivered by a team of Health & Wellbeing Coaches and focuses on helping service users to reduce their risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes.
This key role ensures we provide an efficient delivery of the service and will involve communication on a daily basis with service users and stakeholders to guarantee maximum uptake of the programme. In addition, the Service Manager works collaboratively with the commissioners and programme delivery team to ensure the service is delivered effectively and to the highest quality.
This role will be ideal for someone with a public health / health promotion background and who has strong management experience and would be motivated in a service delivery role.
- Ongoing review of referrals to the programme and assessment of future demand patterns
- Liaison with the administration hub to ensure referrals are processed effectively and regular contact is made with the service-users.
- Day to day supervision of Health & Wellbeing Coaches, working collaboratively to ensure contract KPI’s are met
- Ensure adherence to health and safety policies and that venue risk assessments are carried out to the correct standard by the Health & Wellbeing Coaches
- Support the Health & Wellbeing Coaches to conduct engagement events to generate interest in the programme from stakeholders and potential service users
- Manage and resolve service issues
- Liaison between Service Users, Health & Wellbeing Coaches, the NDPP Relationship Manager, Head of Service Development, Operational Manager and key stakeholders
To achieve the above, the Service Manager must have previous experience within managing health improvement programmes and have experience of managing key stakeholders. Other essentials are the ability to prioritise and manage your workload, a can-do attitude, strong interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner. Background within a weight management environment would be great, as would be strong IT skills given the technical aspects of the contract.
Why ICS Health & Wellbeing?
ICS has been listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for four times in the last six years. We are a forward thinking organisation offering excellent training with ongoing support and development to help you realise your potential and career aspirations. We believe that our success is based on your success. We offer a wide range of company benefits including a pension scheme and 25 days holiday.
Willingness to travel and prepared to work flexible hours if required. Full-time hours are 37.5 hours a week.