Business Development Manager/Commercial Manager/Service Manager
Are you looking for a diverse role which combines your business development, commercial management and service delivery skills?
This role offers you the opportunity to make a real difference to the health and wellbeing of the Walsall workforce in businesses large and small - so if you're passionate about your community and you have a background in health and wellbeing, it could be your perfect next role.
You will love leading a team and have the skills to work with local business owners to help them improve the health and wellbeing of their workforce through signing up to the healthy workforce charter. The businesses will differ in size and look to you for insights and guidance into the importance of this initiative.
You will have operated in any of the following roles previously: Commercial manager, business development manager, contract manager, service manager or service delivery manager.
You will also thrive in a busy demanding environment which includes both contract management and commercial negotiation, as these will also be key part of your role.
You will be willing to go the extra mile in order to deliver a healthier community. Our client is on a mission to improve the health and wellbeing of as many communities as possible. This role focuses on the business community in Walsall and combines business development/commercial management and service delivery.
These workplaces will fall into one of two categories
- Small and medium size businesses with a high proportion of either routine & manual workers, low paid workers, those with a long term condition - who will receive this service free of charge
- Larger businesses who do not fill the above eligibility criteria and will be required to pay for the service
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced and hard-working individual who is passionate about workplace health. In addition, you will have:-
- Strong management skills
- The ability to plan, set objectives, prioritise and provide sound judgement and decision-making
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to apply business acumen when liaising with key partners
- Outstanding communication skills
- An understanding of the Workplace Wellbeing Charter is desirable but not a prerequisite.
The role requires the expectation of flexibility to cover the service operational hours of 8am - 6pm. From time to time you will be required to support with events and service user engagement at weekends / evenings.