Senior IT Technician / IT Manager
Senior IT Technician / IT Manager
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 dependent upon experience
Working Hours: Permanent, Full-time (37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Founded in 1965, Rayburn Tours is a successful tour operator specialising in world-wide educational tours for schools, concert tours for amateur music groups, ski tours for youth groups and sport tours for clubs, schools and universities. Our sister company, Venture Abroad, specialises in holidays abroad for groups of people with common interests such as Scouting and Guiding.
We arrange a comprehensive package for the customer which includes travel, accommodation, full itinerary service, insurance, excursion leaflets, organisation of concert venues and appropriate publicity for all concert tours, maps and 'in-the-field’ study handbooks (linked to the National Curriculum) across a wide range of subjects for educational tours.
Rayburn Tours is a family-run business based in Derby and employs over 90 members of staff.
OUR VALUES & ETHOS:
The Company operates within a culture of good family values, integrity and honesty. We value and strive to maintain fair and ethical dealings with our customers and understand and respect the faith they place in our organisation. Their satisfaction is our financial and motivational reward. The business has a clear purpose to expand its influence on more young people. It will achieve this by continual product development, improved customer communication and marketing.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Manager/Senior IT Technician to join us as our IT specialist and take on the day-to-day responsibility for the Company’s IT requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Server Administration/Network Infrastructure & Hardware:- support and maintain the existing hardware infrastructure and all business critical systems (such as Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange); maintain all external data network connectivity; ensure optimum performance of the internal data network; ensuring hardware is fit for purpose and users have access to the tools that they require to effectively undertake their tasks.
• Support and maintain the telephony infrastructure (VOIP & Mobile) ensuring it meets the specific requirements of the business and users.
• Provide day-to-day technical support to the business; locating and resolving faults; pro-actively implementing corrective measures to prevent business disruption; training staff as required.
• Management of supplier relationships and utilisation of specialist skills of software providers.
• IT Security & Risk Management
• Project Management & Implementation of New Systems
You will have previous experience of managing internal systems and working effectively as an integral part of the business. You will have comprehensive technical knowledge but will also be aware of when to use specialist third parties to help manage and maintain our IT systems. You must be approachable and personable with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues who have limited technical knowledge.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Proven experience of working in a dynamic IT environment
• Excellent communication skills at both a technical and non-technical level
• Ability to manage and prioritise tasks effectively
• Server/infrastructure management
• Windows administration and networking
• Desktop/technical support
• A basic salary of £25,000 - £35,000 (dependent upon experience)
• A bonus scheme based on Company Net Profit
• 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Support for external training as applicable
• Cycle to Work, Childcare Voucher and Healthcare Cashback schemes
• Flexi-Band Working Programme (start times between 08:00 - 09:30 with finish times 16:30 - 18:00)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply here including a covering letter stating:
• Your current role and salary
• Where you saw this vacancy advertised
• Why you are a suitable candidate for this position
Closing date: 21st August 2017
Interviews will be held on 22nd - 24th August
2nd Interviews/Assessment day will be held on 31st August/1st September
Keywords: Senior IT Technician, IT Manager, Information Technology, IT Director, Senior IT, Server Management, Server Manager, Infrastructure Manager.