SEN TA - Secondary School - Birmingham - September
Learning Support Assistant required for an SEN school in Central Birmingham.
- Competitive rates
- CPD opportunities
A secondary school based in Birmingham are looking for a teaching assistant to join their school for children with a wide range of learning difficulties. The school meet the needs of children with Severe Learning Difficulties, Moderate Learning Difficulties and Autism.
The Teaching Assistant will be working with children who have a wide range of needs such as:
* Severe learning difficulties
* Poor self esteem
* Social, emotional and mental health difficulties
* Inability to form appropriate social relationships
* A diagnosis of Autism and ADHD
* Working 1:1 and/or with a small group of pupils
* Providing ongoing support to children with special educational needs
* Growing pupils confidence and encouraging them towards independence
* Providing a calming environment for children
Personal qualities required:
* A good listener and sensitive to pupils needs
* A sense of responsibility
* Positive behaviour management
* A good sense of humour
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Shabnam via email on or please contact on .