3rd Line Technical Engineer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line Technical Engineer to join their team based in Hereford. You will be on a full time permanent basis and receive a competitive salary of £35,000 – £40,000 per annum.
Our client are now recruiting for 3rd Line Technical Engineer to join the IT Operations team, based in their Hereford office. In this role, you will provide 3rd Line support to resolve complex faults with specific technologies and multi-technology solutions, including internally built technologies. You’ll take responsibility for the ‘day to day’ management for all aspects of the infrastructure including SCOM monitoring and optimisation for a remote data centre, servers, operating systems, system software, permissions, network (wired and wireless), application software, storage devices, back up, licensing etc. You will also provide the final point of escalation and resolution for major incidents affecting the systems and applications, facilitating billions of pounds worth of annual transactions, that our client provide to over 1000 clients.
What you will be doing as their 3rd Line Technical Engineer
- Working on assigned calls and taking the majority of them through to resolution (primarily Incident, Service Requests, Project Tasks, Problem, Change and Release tickets)
- Mentoring and assisting 1st and 2nd Line engineers, customers, suppliers and 3rd party vendors where necessary to resolve Incidents
- Introduce and develop a strategy for utilising SCOM to ensure our client continuously monitors key points of failure in both internal and external data centres, and manage the day to day functionality of the internal and external data centres.
- Advising senior stakeholders both internally and externally, utilising SCOM system, to proactively prevent incidents and to resolve those that cannot be prevented
- Manage large scale hardware configuration and software installations projects / releases
What are they looking for in their 3rd Line Technical Engineer
- Knowledge and experience of SCOM or similar type product
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring and developing junior members of the team
- Windows Server operating systems, SAN Environments, switches, router and VLANS, network storage devices, VM Ware and Hyper V, DNS and DHCP and Server and Application Virtualisation knowledge.
- Experience building, supporting and administering virtualisation technologies.
The ability to manage the day to day operations of active directory, account management, back up solutions, network permissions and group policy and proven experience working with payment gateways and solutions is desirable but not essential.
Benefits of working for them
In return, our client offers a competitive salary, a range of additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays every year. Roles in their Hereford Head Office, where this is based, benefit from two on-site subsidised restaurants and free parking, as well as access to their subsidised gym with personal trainer.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their 3rd Line Technical Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!
All roles with our client are subject to a successful DBS (formerly CRB) and Credit Check.