Athwal Resourcing are working with a well-established, fast growing construction business based in Walsall. Having grown year on year and continuing to grow the business requires an exceptional Management Accountant for a newly created role to provide assistance in all aspects of the financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, internal control and staff management.
This role of Management Accountant will suit an individual who wants to advance their finance career with a successful business in a fast-paced environment, take ownership and have the drive and tenacity to continuously improve the environment in which they work in.
The Management Accountant role will include:
- Internal Reporting: production of accurate and timely monthly management accounts and KPI reporting to Board; including posting Journals, balance sheet reconciliations, margin and overhead analysis, production of KPIs and explanation of financial performance;
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assisting in the preparation of yearly budgets and forecasts and preparing analysis and reporting variances;
- Working Capital & Cash Management: Ensure cash is managed and working capital is monitored together with forecasting future cashflows;
- External Reporting: Involved with VAT, PAYE, CIS returns and assist in the preparation of statutory accounts and corporation tax returns;
- Fixed Assets: Maintain the management of the growing Fixed Asset Register;
- Staff Management: To lead and manage 4-6 finance staff and ensure the highest standards of financial control are adhered to and daily activities are completed in a timely manner;
- Job Costing Review: Ensuring accurate costs and revenues against the jobs and provide analysis to contract managers to discuss the performance of the contacts. Including WIP, inventory control and stock reporting;
- Payroll and Expenses: Manage the weekly wages and ensure subcontractors, supplier payments and expenses are paid in the weekly Bacs runs;
- Ad hoc reporting and duties: Arising as part of the function of the finance team.
Requirements for the Management Accountant role:
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or QBE;
- Minimum of 3 years relevant hands on experience of working within a finance function with a track record of working to tight deadlines within a growing SME business;
- Experience of job costing would be desirable ideally from the construction sector;
- Good attention to detail, highly analytical with Advanced Excel skills (Vlookup/Pivot Tables, SUMIF);
- Working knowledge of ERP systems ideally Sage or similar;
- Must be able to demonstrate a high standard of communication skills and have the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Staff management skills and a strong team player.