- Contract Type
- Full Time
Contracts Manager / Head of Department
Social Housing Repairs Programme Contracts
£35,000 - £45,000 + car or car allowance
About Our Client
Our client is a dynamic, successful and well-respected building contractor who, due to expansion are looking to fill a key position within their business. They are seeking an experienced Contracts Manager (Head of Department) to oversee their social housing maintenance & repairs division.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for the health, safety, environmental and quality compliance as well as the financial monitoring and control of the contracts in the social housing division. They will oversee and build relationships with the site supervisors and the wider site team including subcontractors, clients and stakeholders. The Contracts Manager will also be responsible for programme planning and customer relations.
Managing a multi-disciplined work stream and a team of site supervisors working on social housing contracts. The successful Contracts Manager will be working alongside other Heads of Department and the company Directors to drive the business forward.
Being responsible for the social housing planned works programmes, tendered works, voids and roofing programmes etc. the role will involve:
• Planning and budget management, financial control of contracts. (£2-3m annual turnover)
• CDM and Health & Safety compliance
• Quality control
• Management and procurement of framework activities
• Overseeing and building relationships with the site supervisors and the wider site team including trades, sub-contractors, clients and stakeholders
• Working with other Heads of Department & the Directors of the company to drive the business forward
• Staff management, development and motivation
• Experience in managing & delivering contracts & planned works programmes within social housing
• A good working knowledge of contract conditions, programme & risk management
• Experience in cost control / managing large multi-million-pound budgets
• Thorough understanding of H&S / CDM / Compliance Regulations
• Excellent building trades / maintenance / repairs knowledge
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
You will need to be a people focused individual with excellent staff management skills who can lead, motivate and develop your team.
A full drivers licence is required (a car or car allowance will be provided as part of the package)
£35,000 - £45,000 basic salary (negotiable depending upon experience)
Company car or car allowance (negotiable up to £4k)
If you think you have the relevant experience for this Contracts Manager role please apply clicking on the 'apply’ button below.
We may not always be able to reply to every applicant due to the volume of CVs received so if you have not received a call within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your CV on file in case we have a more suitable position in the future.