Peripatetic Occupational Health Technician
We are looking to recruit an occupational health technician on a full time permanent basis, to drive a mobile screening unit to various client sites across the west Midlands, but mainly working on our Network Rail contract in Birmingham.
Are you looking for a career with the potential to be successful within OH Assist to promote and deliver our services? We have new and exciting vacancies across the UK within a variety of different roles. OH Assist is committed to improving the effectiveness of our clients by delivering innovative health and wellness solutions; OH Assist helps organisations to achieve their full potential through their people. Our specialists are guided by core values of trust, service excellence, innovation and accountability. Working as one team, we are efficient and agile, and always passionate about delighting our clients. As an Occupational Health Technician with OH ASSIST, you will join a team of motivated healthcare professionals working for an ambitious and passionate occupational health provider.
The main duties of the role include:
- Responsible for the delivery, recording and reporting of health surveillance and escalating results where required to the correct specialist clinician.
- Undertaking clinical duties such as phlebotomy, taking blood pressures, drug and alcohol screening and health surveillance.
- Delivering a range of services – driver medicals, well person medicals, infection and immunity screening etc
- Undertaking work place visits and adhering to the highest possible standards of quality assured, evidence based practice and delivering a high standard of care to promote the wellbeing and health of employees on our clients businesses
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills – capable of developing strong working relationships both with internal and external stakeholders
- An individual with high self motivation and a can do attitude who is capable of working effectively independently.
- You should be able to deliver quality advice, through strong communication skills and a commitment to best practice
- Possessing strong time management, organisational and planning skills in order to manage your own workload effectively
- Keen to learn and willing to attend team training and development and contribute positively towards the development of new ideas on best practice.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent technical certification in:
- HAVS Tiers 1 & 2
- Previous demonstrable experience from within a healthcare setting
- Confident IT Skills and the ability to work with remote reporting
- A full driving license and willingness to travel as part of the role including from time to time driving the mobile OH Unit to deliver OH services. From time to time there will be a requirement to be away from home overnight.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Competent to deliver substance abuse testing (SAT)
OH Assist are the holders of the Gold Investors in People Award and are an equal opportunities employer
OH Assist is a leading UK-based occupational health services organisation. We deliver innovative health and wellness solutions, helping organisations achieve their full potential by improving their employees’ effectiveness. Our clients include UK and International organisations from most industry sectors.
Our core values are trust, service excellence, innovation and accountability. That means we work as one efficient and agile team, passionately committed to delighting our clients.