The main job purpose is to work with and support the Warehouse manager in delivering and exceeding contractual customer KPI's within the warehouse to an agreed budget, whilst driving health & safety and best practice within the operational environment.
Permanent Monday - Friday working on a 14:00 - 22:00 shift pattern
A well recognised logistics operation with one of their many sites based in Stoke on Trent is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor. Only applicants with experience in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sectors will be considered.
The role of the Warehouse Supervisor:
Drive operational performance to meet KPI's by effectively managing/allocating work to the warehouse team, delegating tasks/responsibility to team leaders in order to achieve tasks in a timely manner
- Health & Safety - Carrying out daily audits on equipment, weekly behavioural audits on the warehouse, and ensuring general compliance with health & safety guidelines. Identifying any further improvements that can be made.
- Hygiene - Ensuring the warehouse is kept to agreed standard through management of team leaders and subsequent teams.
- Act as a point of escalation for team leaders - Both for operational issues/queries as well as disciplinary issues within the warehouse team (on floor disputes/refusals of team leader requests etc).
- Absence Management - Dealing with employee absence from work, return to work meetings.
Appraisal/Employee development - Hold annual appraisal with warehouse team, identifying areas for development and providing means in which to meet these needs with the help of the warehouse manager.
Team motivation - Providing the leadership for the teams and ensuring that both the AM and PM are working together. Keeping the teams well informed through shift briefings and ensuring that any issues raised are dealt with and resolved.
The Successful Warehouse Supervisor:
- 3+ years in a position of responsibility within a warehousing environment
- Courses in absence management, accident investigations, disciplinary investigations, how to deal with conflict.
- Strong leadership quality
- Good communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Full Driving Licence
- Red Prairie
- FLT & VNA licence holder
Salary: £23,000 + benefits
Hours: Monday - Friday (14:00 - 22:00)