REGISTERED MANAGER - Ideally with Nursing Diploma
Are you a Registered Manager who is looking to work for a CQC accredited home and feel valued for the work you do? Look no further, I am recruiting on behalf of my Worcester based client for an experienced Registered Manager, who is ideally a Qualified Nurse. This picturesque 40 bed home supports the Elderly by providing nursing, Dementia and Neurological care. Working 40 hours per week + on call duties, this permanent opportunity offers a salary of £45,000 + discretionary bonuses.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Registered Manager:
• manage all aspects of the Home’s daily operation, ensuring that the highest possible standard of care is provided in accordance with company policy and registration with the CQC.
• The Registered Manager takes responsibility of the environment including the site grounds.
• The Registered Manager is responsible for maintaining and/or improving the CQC rating for the Home.
• The Home Manager will head the Management Team.
• The post holder must be able to advocate on behalf of the client, in the clients’ best interest to other healthcare professionals.
• To implement and ensure that the requirements are adhered to.
• To participate in Quality Assurance and Auditing of Care.
• To actively promote the home and maintain full occupancy. To compile a waiting list of enquirers and follow up leads and to discuss marketing opportunities to further enhance the home’s occupancy.
• To agree budgets with the Chief Operating Officer and Directors in relation to identified areas of spending and to ensure that spending is contained within these.
• To interview nursing and healthcare staff, oversee their Induction Programme and conduct their probationary period review.
• To organise training for staff and assess performance.
• To provide out-of-hours management support including.
• To implement the Company’s disciplinary and grievance procedures as necessary.
• To liaise with client representatives re advocacy, DoLs and Mental Capacity, and co-ordinate discussion involved with the client’s situation.
• To keep the GOM appraised of all safeguarding incidents, major incidents and complaints, and maintain good communication.
• To ensure that the recreational therapies provided are in accordance with guidelines.
Essential requirements of the Registered Manager:
• Ideally a NURSING DIPLOMA (NMC PIN)
• Previous MS care experience
• Show evidence of ongoing professional educational training.
• Registered First Level General Nurse
• Registered Managers Award or equivalent (NVQ Level % or National Diploma Level 5)
• DBS Check
• DBSCQC Authorisation
Skills and Knowledge Needed:
• Care Act 2014 Essential Standards of Quality and Safety and Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidelines
• An understanding and empathy with the elderly
• Previous Home Management experience necessary
• Previous MS care experience
• Proficiency in IT Skills preferred
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, APPLY NOW. I wouldn’t want you to miss out...