The company is going through a lot of growth currently and is likely to double their workload before the end of the year.
The job will be to assist the the FD and support his workload.
Wants an outgoing person who won't be shy to express their thoughts and opinions.
Family feel to the office.
Currently 25 working in the office.
JOB SPEC >>>>
Accounts Assistant/Administrator My client is based in Coventry who provides the Aggregate & Recycling Industries with a comprehensive package of complete processing solutions.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our busy team. This post is not just about processing numbers, it is about collecting vital information which informs decision and drives our business.
If you enjoy working at the forefront of an operational function where your work is highly valued and impacts visibly on our business and you are either at the start of your finance journey or you want to develop your career then we look forward to hearing from you.
• To assist the Financial Director in the production of accounts, budgets and forecasts
• To support in the ad-hoc analysis of business performance within the division
• To assist with the administration of purchase ledger
• To provide general administrative support Responsibilities
• Provision of daily performance reports to management including banking summary
• Assist in preparation of monthly/statutory accounts to deadlines
• Enter and code financial transactions appropriately
• Track expenses as they relate to specific projects and jobs
• Issue invoices to customers based on services rendered and/or goods sold and chase payment
• Calculating and checking to ensure payments, amounts and records are correct
• Controlling credit and chasing debt
• Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits Responsibilities
- General Admin
• Updating spreadsheets on costing for capital items purchased and deliveries from suppliers etc.
• Setting up of new folders, Project folder filing and general filing
• Assist with chasing up of suppliers on delivery dates and raising orders for components
• Updating receipts and allocating cost to warranty claims and jobs
• Raising of Purchase orders and inputting on equipment hire register
• Assist with the off hire of equipment
• Assist with arranging engineers accommodation and inputting on hotel register
• Assist with the taking of overflow telephone calls in a timely manner when required, ensuring messages are passed to the relevant person Qualifications • Good standard of education
• AAT qualified or working towards
- desirable Experience
• Previous experience with bookkeeping practices and knowledge of accounting terminology
• Previous office experience Knowledge and Skills
• Good IT skills using all Microsoft packages, especially Excel
• Attention to detail and accuracy skills
• Analytical skills
• Knowledge of accountant rules and legislation
• Excellent Numeracy skills General Attributes
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
• Problem solving ability
• Strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week (Mon-Friday 8.30 - 5.00). I hour lunch break each day.
FRS strives to be an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to treating all applicants alike. FRS does not treat any individual on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union, less favourably than others. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages.