Director of Operational Assurance
This roles primary functions are:
- To provide 1st line assurance of the systems and controls regarding Information Technology, Security and DataTo ensure that the COO world has and runs a solid framework around risk and audit such that all audits, internal or external are managed professionally The outcomes of audits reflect the true state of affairs and are agreed by all parties involved i.e. Audit and the recipientsThe company risk systems and framework and content reflect the right risks for COOThat the status of all risk and audit items is relevant, represent the facts and are up to date. That the risk and audit situation and reporting to ARC etc is a fair representation of the situation on the ground.To manage the business continuity strategy, development and practice for the company which includes strategy, planning, testing, culture, communications and invocation and managementTo ensure that the “business of the COO organisation” is being managed effectively (in conjunction with the relevant business partners), especially in regard to COO objectives, budget, FTE and other HR metrics, purchasingTo create and manage a layered reporting (preferably interactive) capability that easily demonstrates all of the above to the different levels of audience within the company
KEY TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To ensure the level, volume and completeness of operational controls is such that the company risk appetite is satisfied.In regards to the above to drive other parts of the company to deliver to COO and for COO to operate any controls that are needed but not in place.To ensure these controls are being operated correctly and alerting and monitoring is appropriate and working. Specifically to be able to say that the controls and monitoring around systems, data and security are adequateTo be the owner of Risk and Audit management within COOTo be the operational owner of any risk and audit reporting e.g. to exec risk and audit committee and to the Company ARC.To be the operational connection between operations and risk and audit.To manage the COO organisation objective setting and management process To manage the budget setting and management processes for COO with regards to Opex, Capex and FTETo be the connection between COO and procurement, finance and HR to ensure we make most effective and efficient use of our resourcesTo deliver all reporting for COO in a way that promotes COO, is factual, informative and accessible Toi drive the business continuity strategyTo deliver a solid business continuity posture for the businessTo ensure the business continuity and crisis management framework and processes are…
- In placeTestedUnderstoodRatified
To be the Business Continuity evangelists for the businessQualifications
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills, the ability to get people to do things they don’t necessarily benefit fromExceptional stakeholder and customer managementA self-starter with a bias for actionThe ability to paint a picture and sell a visionThe ability to distil detail into information for executives to make decisions onThe ability to spot when to dive into detail and the ability to do so to drive successful outcomesCommercial acumenExcellent interpersonal and communication skillsMethodical, thorough and diligentThe ability to create a capability from scratch, define, build and set out a vision and objectivesStrong evidence of successful team leadership in different environments.
- Detailed understanding of risk, audit and assurance processes and frameworksGood business financial knowledgeA demonstrable understanding of governance and how to apply itExperienced and successful change manager.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75121171