Residential Groundworks Estimator
Due to expansion Kingscroft have been asked to recruit for an Estimator to join the commercial department of a well-established and successful civils and groundworks construction company to work across a number of developments. Our client has an excellent reputation for delivering high quality residential civils projects at sites across the Midlands. As the perfect candidate you will be an experienced as an estimator with knowledge and skills in cost control of projects in the civils and groundworks sector working on residential projects.
Residential Groundwork experience is a NEEDED for this role
My client operate as a Sub-Contractor for many major construction companies over various market sectors in the Construction Industry. The contracts my client have with the major construction companies are typically multi-million pound projects scattered across the Midlands.
The ideal candidate will have a background in estimating/surveying for residential groundworks and civil engineering projects. Alongside this you must be computer literate and able to liaise with many of the company's clients and suppliers.
As an experienced estimator, duties/responsibilities will include some of the below:
- You are responsible for ensuring that tender material, plant and Sub Contract enquiries are sent out and received in a timely manner.
- A minimum of three prices are required for each and every item.
- Assuming the site investigation is received we need to check and where necessary include for the presence of ground water and any other requirements that are given (ground gases, CBR's, clean capping, rock, sand etc).
- Take offs from tender drawings need to be clear and legible so they can be easily abstracted into the standard bill format.
- You must produce an electronic (excel) Bill of Quantities that is accurate and tidy so it can be submitted as our pricing document.
- Drainage needs to be taken off from tender drawings and entered into the template which calculates backfill and disposal quantities.
- Foundations need to be taken off from tender drawings and entered into the template. Linear m 'runs' of each foundation section also need to be priced.
- Generally all rates need to be accurately calculated using the current labour, plant and material elements - rates should not be taken from previous jobs for ease.
- S278 works (or similar) need to be priced on a time and motion basis. Ensure that a Contracts Manager has produced a resourced programme so we correctly tender for the works.
- Our tenders need to be submitted on time which must fit in with our Clients deadlines. If we can't submit the tenders on time we need to be liaising with the Clients at the earliest opportunity to make sure we can still submit a price.
- All tenders submitted must clearly state a list of our assumptions and exclusions for the Client. To generate this we need to make sure all tender documents are reviewed and that we are satisfied we have included everything that is necessary within our tender price.
- All tenders need to be reviewed with the Commercial Director prior to submitting to the Client.
- Liaise with the Commercial Director to ensure that we are chasing for feedback on tenders that have been submitted.
Please apply now for a confidential discussion regarding the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75148085