BI Data Analyst
My client are a not-for-profit organisation involved in all aspects of camping. They are looking for a BI Data Analyst to be based out of their office in Coventry on a permanent basis. This role will be supporting the Finance Department in developing and providing a central reporting function to facilitate the analysis of financial of financial and non-financial data. They are looking for someone who has few years' experience as a BI Analyst and Data Miner with strong SQL querying and SSRS report writing skills.
If you are currently a Data Analyst in a permanent role or looking to move away from contracting into a permanent role and join an organisation whose aim is to help people enjoy the simple pleasures that camping can bring then please do get in touch.
Experience and Skills:
- 3 years of proven experience/technical expertise as a BI Analyst and Data Miner
- Strong SQL querying
- SSRS Report Writing
- Advance Excel - VBA and PowerPivot
- Competent with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack
- Ability to interrogate Rational Databases and understand how to use OLAP Cubes
- Data modelling and manipulation skill
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Use advanced SQL querying skills to interrogate data from a variety of relational databases including the companies data warehouse and associated OLAP cubes
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data cleansing and data mining techniques
- Provide administration and support for the BI platform.
- Build and manage reporting and analysis templates to report on business KPIs, using information drawn from a range of data sources.
- Data modelling and manipulation skills - assist with 'what if' scenarios to support decision making related to targets and financial exposure.
- To build strong, collaborative working relationships across the organisation
- To promote a culture of knowledge sharing across the company to ensure best practice policies are adopted.
- Work with external data/system providers.
- Proactively identify and promote any new emerging technologies that would improve reporting across the company.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75144796