Athwal Resourcing is recruiting for a growing business that operates in the housing sector and are in need for a high calibre Financial Controller to join the senior management team.
The main aim of the role is to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of statutory and management accounting and to oversee all transactional processes managed by the team. The role will also ensure the financial plans and budget are up to date and financial performance is in line with the strategic goals and clearly communicated to the business. Together with ensuring robust financial controls and disciplines are in place and to work closely with internal key members of senior management team to find solutions to issues and manage the relationship with external parties.
The Financial Controller position will have wide-ranging responsibilities including:
- Taking ownership and completion of the monthly management accounts pack to include Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet analysis with full reconciliations and production of Board packs;
- To assist in the preparation, review and update of the financial plans and budgets;
- Monitoring cash flow and working capital management on a monthly, quarterly and annually basis and oversee treasury management and loan administration;
- Ensure high quality financial controls are in place and standardising the procedures across the business;
- Partner with the Finance Business Partner in defining performance targets across the organization;
- To produce annual statutory financial statements and information for auditors and be fully responsible for the audit process;
- Provide leadership and development of the finance team including training and support;
- Responsible for managing the financial aspects of the Payroll including PAYE, and external submissions and liaison with HMRC when necessary;
- Ensure timely submissions to the Tax authorities and other Regulatory Authorities;
- To keep policies, procedures and processes up to date and to manage and develop financial controls and systems.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification ideally ACA or ACCA;
- Extensive hands-on accounts experience and a good understanding of financial reporting and accounting rules;
- Ideally in a similar position or a second move from practice;
- Good financial and analytical skills and a solid understanding of IT & Financial systems especially in Microsoft Excel;
- Strong drive to ensure there is continuous improvement and getting things done;
- Able to communicate with all levels of the business, both with finance and non-finance staff;
- Demonstrates ability to manage, supervise, organise workload and motivate team members, including proactively measuring their effective performance;
- Maintains a high level of personal integrity at all times even when working under pressure;
- Continually challenges & influences key personnel to make balanced decisions for the benefit of the whole business.