Audit Risk and Control Specialist
an excellent opportunity is available with a most respected financial services business based in Birmingham City Centre for an Audit Risk and Control Specialist to support the divisions early surveillance and participation in internal, external and regulatory audit engagements and management of audit findings.
The Audit Risk and Control Specialist will have responsibility to engage with senior management regarding audit related matters and support relationship management with external auditors acting as their point of contact.
- Coordinate the controls evidence documentation submission process for elements of the external audit
- Support the design and implementation of frameworks to manage the audit self identified issues (SII)
- Input to development of new platforms
- Engage with control delivery managers to support their lines through the audit and provide updates
- Provide meaningful analysis of audit and audit related information, correlating new data and trends
- Work with 2nd line to ensure that procedure policies are aligned
- coordinate findings to ensure the audit observations and findings are presented accurately
The Audit Risk and Control Specialist will have an excellent knowledge of the external audit life-cycle and excellent organisational, communication and analytical skills with the ability to interface at all levels. You will have a strong understanding of internal control risk concepts, internal risk appetite and approach to risk. You will ideally have performed a similar role within a financial services environment.
This is an excellent opportunity in The Midlands region. please apply now, or for further information contact Kayte Short at Robert Walters at