Project Design Engineer
Project Design Engineer required for our global client based in West Bromwich. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly respected and award winning company, where you will become an important team member of the Design Team.
We are looking for a Project Design Engineer to design and build systems for use in the Oil and Gas and Gen Set industries. Our systems provide independent or emergency starting capability in some of the harshest environments on the planet. We design and manufacture standard and bespoke fuel cleaning and fuel polishing systems capable of cleaning and maintaining fuel in tanks as large as 1 million litres.
As a Project Design Engineer, you’ll take a leadership position in the design and management of engineered starting system projects.
Brief duties & responsibilities will include:
- Own and deliver projects from concept/kick-off meetings to project delivery and post contract support.
- Read, interpret and synthesise engineering drawings, P+IDs, create bills of materials and project timing plans.
- Work within the Engineering team to develop and sign off engineering designs and drawings before they are passed to manufacturing to ensure flawless manufacture.
- Assist in the development of a range of standard and hydraulic and pneumatic starting systems.
- Be prepared to own and run new development projects.
- Be prepared to take a hands-on role, working closely with our workshop engineers.
- Work with sub-suppliers where necessary to ensure quality of outsourced items and compliance to their quality standards and customer’s order.
- Liaise with procurement on technical product requirements and specifications.
- Ensure that the company and customer quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Interface at a highly professional level with our customers both internally and externally.
- Able to assist in ascertaining commercial and financial viability of projects and products.
- Witness and sign off projects within their workshop.
- Demonstrable Engineering skill and experience gained in a tightly regulated environment, preferably oil/gas sector.
- Practical mechanical engineering background.
- Diesel Engine knowledge.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Organised and methodical in working practices
- Good drafting skills.
- Understanding of hydraulics.
- Understanding of compressed air.
- Basic understanding of simple electrics.
- Proficiency in CAD skills (Ideally Solidworks)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Working Hours: 8.00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 8.00 a.m. - 3.15 p.m. on a Friday
Salary Guide: Basic 33k - 40k + Fantastic company benefits include: Life Assurance, Paycare Medical, Pension & 33 days annual leave
Salary negotiable depending on experience level.