Technical Support Supervisor
A new, exciting opportunity has arisen, working for an innovative and unique domestic lift manufacturer in the West Midlands.
My client is looking for a Technical Support Supervisor to ensure that the functions within the technical department run correctly with full accountability.
The successful candidate for the position of the Technical Support Supervisor will be responsible for;
- Operating and organising the 24/7 technical helpline to support customers.
- Overseeing the warranty process, authorising warranty replacement and labour allowances as in accordance with our company guidelines as well as monitoring, recording & reporting.
- Overseeing the dealer warranty, organise replacement parts where necessary in line with company processes and procedures.
- Operating, supporting & promoting site services we offer and liaise with Operations Support.
- Assisting the Operations Manager in ensuring all team members have relevant KPI’s and are reviewed at 6 months and a full appraisal at 12 months.
- Keeping abreast of all technically related product issues, legislation and health and safety issues and industry changes affecting the team.
- Assisting in the training & development of the team.
- Providing support services for our dealers’ technical staff and oversee dealer/distributor warranty process and respond/investigate reporting manufacturing issues.
- Providing technical bulletins for internal and external customers.
- Providing a monthly management report & Quarterly meeting report on all activities.
- Assisting in Pre-sales activities as well as after-sales support.
- Working closely with UK and Oversea dealer Sales colleagues to support their activities.
- Ensuring smooth running of the operation, ensuring that all functions such as site services, warranty, technical support and development of the department.
- Assisting the Operation Manager in undertaking H&S inspections, toolbox talks, vehicle and PPE inspections as well as organising service of tools, and keeping records of such.
- Recording all H&S documentation and attend meetings.
The ideal candidate for the role of Technical Support Supervisor will have;
- A good engineering ability and understanding within the lift industry.
- Excellent communication and supervisory skills.
- Previous experience in report writing and delivering presentations.
- Experience in a home lift manufacturing/installation environment.
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Microsoft Office Competency