Planner - 5 Month Contract - Immediate Start Available
Planner - 5 Month Temporary Contract - Immediate Start
We are recruiting for one of the nation's largest commercial companies who provide an extensive range of construction services including construction management, general contracting, design and build and preconstruction.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive Planner to join our team in Coventry, Warwickshire on a 5 month contract. As the successful candidate you will be responsible for implementing the requirements of the tender and / or project planning procedures, ensuring compliance with the business management system.
- Ensuring that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning procedures and guidance.
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements
- Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations construction outputs and agree working hours with appropriate Estimator
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations and reports.
- Producing the Tender Programme and supporting information in accordance with the tender requirements
- Developing overall programmes, issuing to all parties for review and implementing recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable
- Reconciling company and sub-contract plant/labour and major materials elements in conjunction where appropriate Applying resource levelling techniques as necessary
- Interfacing with third parties to identify and resolve issues
- In addition to the above, at contract stage the Planner is accountable to the Planning/Project Lead for:
- Ensuring that the Contract Programme is produced, managed and maintained in accordance with the planning procedures.
- The overall planning strategy and the timing & sequence of the Contract Programme activities
- The issue and communication of the Contract Programme to the Project Lead for onward issue to Client and Project Team
- Ensuring that all other project planning and programming necessary for the execution of the contract is properly undertaken.
- Provide support, as required to the BIM Co-ordinators to meet the project requirements or tender submission deliverables
- Set up appropriate lean visual programme to assist the Project Team to timely deliver projects and improve productivity, performance and safety of projects
- Operational experience (ie site engineer/site agent) together with previous significant experience of planning services in small to medium sized projects within the construction and engineering industry
- Proficiency in the use of planning techniques and the required planning toolsets
- Understanding various forms of documents, contract documents and specifications
- An understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring
- Knowledge of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning programming
- An understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, delay or change entitlement
- Good understanding of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning/programming
- An understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, compensation event entitlement
- Awareness of construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements
- Relevant CSCS Card
Open to all Planning experienced professionals looking to continue work within a Building Services/Construction project environment.
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we can only contact shortlisted candidates.
Advantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75165617