I am recruiting a Buyer for an urgent 3-6 month contract for a global engineering business based in Warwickshire. You MUST be able to read engineering drawings and have negotiations experience.
As Technical Buyer the role will be responsible for the end to end supply and control of materials to ensure best price and delivery to support production schedules. With a high level of technical expertise you will liaise directly with the engineering teams to achieve the best sourcing solution to meet the business needs.
- Provide technical and commercial assistance to the Purchasing and Engineering functions to develop manufacturing process and improve product knowledge
- Apply any sourcing policy, interface between suppliers and the business in regards to specification and budgets
- Negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Lead negotiations to achieve business objectives and strategic direction
- Manage costs and work directly with suppliers to improve processing times
- Supply weekly project progress status reports to the Head of Procurement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75103589