Excellent opportunity for a GIS developer to join an independent engineering and consultancy practice on an initial 3 month contract basis in Birmingham. Our client is a highly reputable practice that has a wealth of knowledge and experience working on a variety of major multi-million pound projects including aviation, rail, commercial and leisure facilities.
The selected candidate will be joining the GIS/Software team to assist with building and supporting a range of applications to help the planning and delivery of major road and rail infrastructure projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, testing, implementing and supporting web delivered applications
- Providing an input into the planning and design of applications, and related systems and processes
- Potential involvement with other areas of work the team provide, including GIS application development, data analysis and visualisation
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Significant working experience in web application and relational database technology
- Experienced user with MVC development frameworks
- Working knowledge of authentication protocol and methods
- Good understanding of software development processes and ability to write technical documentation
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of GIS web application technology
- Understanding of special data analysis and visualisation
- Scripting and programming skills
- Database development and analysis
- Experience creating dashboard visualisation applications
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa experience.
For more information, please contact Emily Parvin on or email Emily.Parvin @Blueprintrecruit.com and quote 123374EP. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.