Head of Customer Services
Head of Customer Service
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a customer focused utilities company in a role to provide inspirational and strategic leadership to ensure that all the teams in their business area deliver an exceptional customer experience whilst meeting challenging performance targets.
This is a great opportunity to work for a company and industry sector that is going through significant change with ultimate focus on providing a best in class customer experience.
As a member of the senior management team you will proactively contribute to delivering the Customer Department’s wider goals. You be responsible for the delivery of exceptional customer service through the senior leadership of the management team and large teams of front line and back office agents. You are also expected to operate as the site leader when the COO is not onsite and be responsible for site issues.
You will be Responsible for all customer support interaction across all channels, including but not exclusively telephony, web, email and white mail. This will also include the efficient and effective resolution of all customer complaints. You will have up to six line reports and up to 300 fte.
What we’re looking for:
- Set strategic objectives for Customer Services in line with client priorities
- Secure & manage business investment for the in-house operating budget of £**m
- Secure & manage business investment for any future outsourcing operating requirements
- Identify & deliver business improvements to create an efficient operating model that supports business objectives of generates a profitable business.
- Create and manage a flexible operating model that consistently delivers a world class NPS
- Create a culture that enhances the client brand for all employees and customers
- Ensure the client tone of voice and culture is at the core of all decisions including proactive customer and employee communications and business processes
- Accountable for ensuring all legal contracts are fit for purpose and in place for outsource partner and employee’s including end to end negotiations ensuring the best possible agreement for our business
- Ensure full BCP is in place, updated and tested regularly in conjunction with business policy protecting our customers, employees and business
- Create an environment where health and safety is a high priority for all employee’s & visitors through proactive and reactive reporting & management
- Deliver on target or above expectations for all KPI’s across in-house & outsource operations
- Balance BAU activity with business, product & process changes across all customer facing departments
- Manage a flexible forecasting model that is regularly reviewed and in line with a business that delivers significant change in a start-up environment with a large customer base
- Responsible for delivering a unique & flexible resource planning operating model
- Create a good working relationship with any necessary trade unions ensuring win win outcomes are always achieved for our customers, employees and business where appropriate
- Lead monthly & quarterly business reviews across contact centre, resource planning & change ensuring full alignment across key business units
- Direct performance management of Call centre managers, resource planning managers and complaints manager.
- Leverage all opportunities across the industry to create contacts and enable the creation of a best in class experience for customers.
- Objective setting and management of leadership team.
- Identify & support delivery of process improvements across people, customer or business
- Identify and utilise external companies to keep the clients Customer Services current and in line with the industry
- Work with internal training teams and potentially external contractors to identify training needs and develop training for both leadership and front line teams.
- Final point of escalation for all customer complaints
- Provide all customer facing and support options and business cases for all new partnerships.
Competencies and qualifications
- Degree level qualification required
- Strong finance and commercial acumen and detailed understanding of our business and industry
- Knowledge and experience of the utilities sector would be advantageous
- Adept at operating in ambiguity and stepping outside the status quo
- Confident in making bold decisions weighing up risks & benefits for the greater good
- Previous experience in leading high performing customer service teams within a complex and flexible operational environment including management of large number of managers and front line employees
- Budget management and the development/analysis of management information
- Highly developed communication skills to drive behavioural and performance improvements
- Experience of inspiring followership within large scale operation
- Proven track record in excellence in customer satisfaction
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship/interpersonal skills
Competitive salary and great benefits