Steering Wheels & Tyres Project Engineer
Our client, a global automotive manufacturer with an iconic brand, has made available a contract position available until the end of March 2018 for a Steering Wheels & Tyres Project Engineer to be based at their Gaydon location, offering up to £19.10 per hour (limited or umbrella company contractor basis).
Key Responsibilities of the Steering Wheels & Tyres Project Engineer
- To provide engineering lead to deliver specific design improvement projects
- To lead specific suppliers to develop their quality performance on Steering Wheels and Tyres components
- To provide Steering Wheels & Tyres Quality Data Analysis to identify future Quality challenges
Qualifications and Experience required for the Steering Wheels & Tyres Project Engineer
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent experience and have a working knowledge of engineering disciplines.
- Good team working, communication and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive ability to work with office IT applications and manage large numbers of records in different formats
- Experience in a Steering Wheels and Tyres environment
- Experience working in Chassis Engineering for an OEM or Tier 1 Supplier
- Experience of working with international suppliers via Webex and Teleconferencing
- Electrical/System Engineering experience
- Experience of Engineering Standards generation
- Catia V5 and Teamcentre experience
- Hands on Engineering experience
- A knowledge of Problem Solving/Quality Techniques including:
- Problem Definition
- Data Analysis via Pivot charts
- Forward Model FMA
- An EU Driving Licence
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.