Our client is a major UK and Global manufacturing company who is going through an exciting period of growth after winning several new contracts. They are now looking for an experienced Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis. If you are looking for a new position, this a great opportunity to join a top blue chip company.
Support the co-ordination and procurement activity of Materials within the purchasing team, identifying and realising all cost reduction ideas and opportunities by means of pooling of requirements, interrogating costs and alternative materials and suppliers.
• Ensuring materials are purchased at the most cost effective price and most cost effective way
• Maintain conformance to TS 16949 working procedures
• Working together with operations team on a daily basis ensuring is competitive quotations are obtained and supplier selection made considering total business cost.
• Maintenance and development of the approved supplier’s list
• Support project teams where new projects are being introduced ensuring spares are secured at the lowest total cost and are in line with project timing.
• Monitoring of cost throughout projects identifying and tracking cost drivers
• Cost down projects for all UK sites including working in cross functional teams
• Ensure compliance to Purchasing Guidelines and systems.
• Previous experience in a similar role is essential (preferably within Manufacturing)
• Contractual negotiation experience & understanding
• Understanding of supplier quotations and cost breakdowns
• Must be prepared to travel to other sites within the UK
• General computer literacy with a working knowledge of all relevant software packages such as SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
• Ideally working towards or hold a CIPS qualification.