Social Worker Safeguarding
Rainsbrook Secure Training centre (STC) is looking for a Social Worker to cover Maternity Leave for 6 months, with the potential to extend for 9 months.
This opportunity sits in our safeguarding team and will sit in the development and implementation of all child protection and safeguarding systems, policies and procedures across the STC; ensuring sentence planning is focused on reducing re-offending.
Purpose and Responsibilities:
- Establish positive individualised relationships with CYP that encourages CYP to take advice and ownership of their rehabilitation plan
- Promote positive behaviours and manage challenging behaviour in line with national legislation and operational policy and procedure
- Safeguard the welfare of all CYP including those with high risk of substance misuse, self-harm, suicidal behaviours, emotional fragility and distress
- Build collaborative relationships with Internal and External stakeholders and partners such as the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) and Local Children Safeguarding Board (LSCB) to ensure safeguarding of all staff and CYP.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the overall delivery of child protection and safeguarding systems, policies and procedures (including Child Protection, Suicide and Self Harm (SASH), Early Days Policy, and Violence Reduction to ensure safeguarding of all CYP admitted to the STC and the needs of CYP remain paramount
- Provide safeguarding advice on Managing and Minimising Physical Restraint (MMPR)
- Provide professional guidance on the effective assessment, planning and implementation of care management plans for CYP people using Asset
What are we looking for?
- Qualified as a Social worker
- Experience of managing high-risk Children and Young People preferably within a custodial / closed environment
- Previous management experience in developing and delivering needs-led and integrated sentence planning and interventions (ideally in conjunction with a range of partners and stakeholders) to reduce reoffending in a criminal justice/prison/probation service setting
- Experience of incident management
- Evidence of delivering high performance and outcome-focused services and programmes in a target driven environment.
- Evidence of promoting equality and anti-discriminatory practice through service provision.
- Experience in introducing new ways of working and managing change successfully is desirable
- People management experience
- Budget management experience desirable
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75143266