Data Analyst required on a contract basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of data / parts management technology? Do you have a background in using and extracting data from parts management systems? Have you got a background of working in a fast paced environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and exciting new projects that will make a real difference to the business. An example would the supporting the implementation of Oracle Fusion.
You will play a key role in providing data support to the parts department and the creation of part numbers into the parts management system. Identify ways to make the processes faster and more responsive. Support cost down initiatives through data anaylsis and ad hoc reports. To run numerous reports both internally and externally.
- Identify the root causes of poor / missing data and implement mechanisms to prevent further occurrences, this may include training those responsible for data entry.
- Creating part numbers on to parts management system to include commodity codes, weights, pricing and country of origin.
- Provide monthly sales reports for dealers and national accounts.
- Managing the pricing file and issuing quarterly/annual price updates.
- Preparing the quarterly excess and obsolete report.
- Maintaining the data and up keep on iStore.
- Distrubute shortages reports for dealers, national accounts and suppliers.
- Collate market pricing intelligence.
- Life cycle management - active/phase out/obsolete/supersessions.
- Provide transport analysis in terms of performance and costs.
- Support the budget process to include units in operation anaylsis.
- Maintaining costs.
- Support other projects as requested with data analysis, parts management system and iStore knowledge.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Experience of using and extracting data from parts management systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good standard of general MS office skills, expertise in MS Excel is essential.
- Excel VBA skills highly desirable.
- Ability to analyse data and draw relevant conclusions.
- Able to organise, plan and document tasks.
- Ability to work independantly and also to collaborate.
- Ability to remain composed during tough times.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to influence others without having direct reporting lines.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Desire to improve and achieve.
- Experience of Sequel would be a big advantage but not essential.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.