Technical Sales Representative - Plastic Additives
Our Client is a leading Chemical Distributor working in the Industrial and Life Science market sectors in the UK and Ireland.
They are now seeking a Technical Sales Representative - Plastic Additives. This position will be home based (location is flexible within the UK) and will involve regular travel throughout the UK and Ireland. The position is a full time permanent role.
- Maintain and develop business with existing customers, as allocated, through appropriate customer contact to identify risks and opportunities. Predominantly these customers will be plastics masterbatch producers and thermoplastics processors, but some will also be from similar industries such as the rubber industry
- Identify and develop new customers with existing products and new products in agreed market areas, which will primarily be the plastics industry
- Identify opportunities for new products and principals which complement and support existing market areas. Develop and establish these opportunities in conjunction with management team
- Gather and record appropriate market data, report market conditions, complete customer and supplier visit reports
- Manage stocks for certain product ranges or suppliers as allocated in conjunction with Admin Office support
Qualifications / Experience
- BSc (or equivalent) in Polymer Science, Chemistry or similar materials based discipline
- Proven track record in technical sales development and product management, ideally with experience in plastics additives or polymer markets
- Good understanding and knowledge of the UK plastics additives markets and good contacts to develop that knowledge is desirable
- Previous technical role in the plastics processing industry would be a strong advantage.
- Self-motived, confident person with good communication skills, technical understanding and a strong will to succeed
- Structured, organised and customer focused.
- Basic IT skills, particularly Office applications
- Comfortable with UK travel and occasional overseas (Europe).
- Full UK Driving Licence
In return our client is offering a competitive package which includes a basic salary of up to £45,000 per annum plus car, bonus and benefits
Please e-mail your C.V, together with a covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director, Atom Recruitment Ltd.