Test and Run operative
Test and Run operative
Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire
Salary:£18 - 22k, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time (Inc. Weekends)
Due to on-going success, this family run builder`s merchant is looking to recruit an experienced Test and Run operative to aid in meeting future goals within a busy and demanding depot in Lichfield.
Job Summary/Overall Scope of Position
Working closely with all other Managers and the Directors the overall scope of the position will include:
- Providing planned maintenance of all Tool Hire fleet and equipment, travelling to all Company Tool Hire locations as required.
- Providing scheduled service maintenance at set intervals on all Company Fork Lifts, Combi`s and plant as required.
- To be the first point of contact for site call-out for customers with technical issues.
- To act as relief driver/technician as required from any branch location when you will be required to:
- To safely, accurately and efficiently deliver and unload goods as requested by the Company to customers premises with a constant awareness of Company rules and procedures
- To collect and bring back expired tool hire equipment as instructed
- To organise and schedule deliveries efficiently and accurately
- To carry out the safe maintaining, testing and servicing of plant and equipment as required
- Responsible for the regular daily/weekly vehicle checks and the immediate reporting of any incidents, accidents ,breakages etc. relating to both the vehicle,customers vehicles/property and/or goods in transit
- Any other duties reasonably associated with this position
- To ensure an awareness at all times of Safe working practises, Health & Safety regulations and procedures
- To keep up to-date and aware at all times in respect of all Company procedures relating to tool hire procedures and driving procedures
- A high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work alone, within a team and with supervision
- Ability to communicate at all levels professionally
- Ability to work under pressure
- To have persistence to ensure set tasks/objectives are met
- To share a responsibility with the Management for your own personal training and development
The Successful Candidate:
- Experienced within the Plant and Tool Hire Industry (or another related rental sector).
- Enjoy talking to new people with an ability to build rapport.
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to resolve issues promptly.
- Be flexible in your approach, with the ability to cover the duties of other team members, when required.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.