Lead Engineer (Structures) - 32757 - £2491/hr Ltd Co - Body
A Lead Engineer for Body Engineering, Structures (underbody) for forward model programmes is rquired to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. This is a long term contract renewed annually every financial year, and is paying up to £24.91 per hour.
The successful candidate will be required to work with minimal supervision. Flexibility is a main requirement where the type of tasks can vary from day to day. These include:
- Body Structure Aims (Engineering issue) management, involving the regular collation, assignment and distribution of departmental Aims to the body teams.
- Creation of Body Structure DFMEA quality documentation to support Failure Mode Avoidance (FMA) criteria and JLR GPDS programme timing.
- WERs releasing of Body Structures parts to support S, T & P release phases.
- PACN Cost approval co-ordination.
- Preparation of the supplier Request for Quote (RFQ) pack, Cost Packs and supplier nomination support.
- Bill of Materials creation for various Body Structure build phases, incorporating part validation, part buy-off and quality loops.
- Creation and management of commodity timing plans including supplier liaison where required to ensure on track for timing
- Tracking and coordination of engineering validation (virtual and physical) with RMDV system, including coordination and requesting of physical tests
- Engineering knowledge of Structures design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements.
- Proven project management capability demonstrated by recent delivery on time & budget.
- Excellent communications skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels.
- Project management capability
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Experience in use of JLR engineering tools FMEA, WERS, PACN, AIMS, RMDV
- Excellent PC Literacy ¿ Microsoft Project, Power Point, Word etc.
- Advanced MS Excel user, familiar with the use of macros etc
- General knowledge of Body Structures component design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements.
- Experience of working within a team environment.
- It would be advantageous for the applicant to be experienced in the JLR engineering release systems.
- Experience with VisMockup a distinct advantage
- PC Literacy: Microsoft Project, Power Point, Excel, Word etc
- Successful history of project management delivery
- Ideally degree educated
- CAD Literacy - ability to manipulate and interrogate CAD data and use associated visualisation tools.
- Significant experience in use of engineering tools
- FMEA, Six Sigma, problem resolution etc. ¿Any person supplied should have a valid UK driving licence and meet the medical requirements of J&LR facilities
- Working knowledge of project delivery processes GPDS / PCS / FPDS / PRINCE2 or similar
- Working knowledge of change management processes, Specific WERS experience would be an advantage.
- Ideally within the automotive sector or adjacent industries, eg rail, aerospace, defence, energy etc'
HNC/HND or equivalent minimum Education Preferred: Engineering Degree preferred.
If you are interested in this position please apply now with an up to date CV. For more information contact Lois Weston on 01384446119 or email .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75176358