Our client is recruiting for a qualified Mechanic to complete light and heavy commercial work at their recently refurbished garage/fleet workshop based in Derby. As a Vehicle Mechanic you will report to the Workshop Manager for the inspection, repair and maintenance of a fleet of vehicles and plant. In return you will receive free parking, above the market rate starting salary, an increased holiday entitlement (26 days plus bank holidays) plus excellent training benefits.
Our major utilities client is a long standing Electrical Distributor with a footprint that covers a large geographical patch including the South West, South Wales and the Midlands. As a stable and successful electrical distributor, the company has over 7.8 million customers.
As a Vehicle Mechanic responsibilities/duties will include:
- Routine maintenance of all vehicles (HGVs, Man trucks, Landrovers, vans)
- Repairing and maintaining plant machinery, trailers and ancillary equipment
- Preparing and presenting vehicles for annual testing
- Road testing and diagnosing of vehicle faults.
- Gas, arc and MIG welding
To be successful in securing the position of Vehicle Mechanic you will:
- Have obtained the relevant City & Guilds Motor Vehicle certificate; minimum level 2 or equivalent/similar
- Have the ability to work well within a team environment
- Have extensive experience as a fully trained mechanic (essential)
- Hold a valid class C (LGV) driving licence (preferred not essential)
- Possess good literacy & numeracy skills
In return for being a Vehicle Mechanic you will receive a starting salary of £30,018 per annum
Please apply today by submitting your CV and suitable candidates will receive a call from a Brite Services Consultant to discuss further in first instance.