International Customs and Compliance Manager
International Customs and Compliance Manager - Freight Forwarding
Salary £42K plus Car Allowance plus excellent benefits
An experienced Manager is required by a major transport, logistics and freight forwarding organisation to develop and manage the International and freight forwarding Services to achieve business unit objectives.
Deliver clear operational direction, leadership and development to the operations team. Enhance client service delivery to ensure all service level targets are consistently achieved
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements are in place, and complied with, for all business handled by the branch.
- Review and develop existing process standards and KPI’s to improve operational efficiency.
- Manage the performance & cost of all external suppliers to the branch.
- Act as escalation point for the customer and client network.
Work with business development team to ensure successful implementation of all new business.
- Ensure adherence to company policy for all branch certification and audit requirements.
- Recruit, manage and develop the operational team to meet the needs of the business.
- Engage and motivate the Freight Forwarding team through documenting a programme of personal development, one-to-one support and succession planning.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to senior management as required.
- Full responsibility and accountability for both the operational and commercial function of the branch.
- Promote a positive and supportive working environment equally for all members of the team.
- Team management and engagement
- Freight Fowarding experience
- Customs Knowledge
- Documentation and Airway Bills knowledge
- Knowledge of Import and Export freight industry
- Knowledge of Customs processes
- Ability to deliver SMART department objectives
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a professional attitude
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Highly numerate
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent Team developer
- Excellent problem-solving skills