MB166 – Senior Ecologist
Salary: Competitive + Car
First Military Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Ecologist on behalf of our client based in Birmingham. This is an excellent and exciting opportunity for an experienced Ecologist to join one of the UK's largest construction companies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To be responsible for ecological issues in Staffordshire, Birmingham and Worcestershire. Liaise with Environmental Bodies., help to create strategic direction, identify, develop and project manage ecological schemes. Carry out walkovers to undertake extended Phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys. Facilitate works in designated areas, applying for licences and consents. Undertake ecological assessment work including statutory assessment under the Highways Act and Assessment of Implications on European Sites. Deliver awareness training and toolbox talks.
• Liaise with non-statutory and statutory environmental bodies.
• Site walkovers and assisting with surveys of the network.
• Identify and develop ecological schemes.
• Project management of ecological schemes.
• Production of reports where appropriate.
• Undertake ecological assessment work as part of EIA and AIES.
• Implement ecology- related strategic documents such as management plans.
• Liaise with designers and contractors regarding ecological elements of schemes.
• Design and supervise the implementation of mitigation.
• Apply for licences and consents.
• Deliver training and toolbox talks.
• Supervise sub-contractors and in-house teams working on ecologically sensitive works.
• Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with all legal requirements via the processes set out in the Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Relevant degree and experience of ecology in the construction industry.
• Experience of working with protected species.
• Highways experience preferred
• Holding some licenses such as GCN and/or bat licence essential.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75181667