Care Home Manager
JOB ADVERT -CARE HOME MANAGER
Gold Care Homes is a well-established national independent Residential Care Homes group for the elderly.
Gold Care Homes was established in 1999 and has since grown to operate 20 care homes, predominantly in the northern Home Counties. The group offers a range of services which includes residential, nursing, frail elderly and dementia care. Respite care is also available on a short term basis, subject to bed availability, at most of the homes. Gold Care Homes is an equal opportunities employer.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in one of our Homes at St Stephens Care Home, in Worcester, WR3 for a Care Home Manager. The ideal candidate would be compassionate yet assertive, able to drive compliance with an inspirational lead, delivering positive changes and continuous improvement in the quality of care, and able to provide day to day operational management, employee and team motivation and commercial drive for our residential home.
Under your leadership you will ensure the professional team perform to deliver the high standards of person-centered care.
You will be responsible for managing, developing and evaluating all aspects of service within the home, to meet current legislation.
You will be an excellent communicator with experience in leading and motivating staff members and developing positive relationships with residents, relatives and volunteers.
Your people skills will also ensure positive relationships with residents, relatives and volunteers as well as external agencies. With a background in health and social care, you will be an experienced Manager, with a recognised professional qualification and a willingness to develop.
- You should have a proven track record in successful CQC good rated Care homes management, backed up by a qualification such as level 5 in Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care.
- You will be RGN / RMN qualified, holding a valid NMC pin, and have a true passion in providing outstanding and personalised care to elderly clients.
- You will be compassionate yet assertive, an inspirational lead bringing positive changes and continuous improvement in the quality of care
- You will be able to provide day to day operational management, employee and team motivational and commercial drive
- You will have clear communication skills, both written and verbal, you will be able to build and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be able to work independently whilst managing and leading large staffing teams to meet CQC requirements / client’s personal needs.
Salary & Benefits: Competitive including company benefits, such as
- Opportunity to work for a growing company
- Perkbox - 100s free perks (discounts when shopping at more than 1000 supermarkets and more than 20000 local shops, free phone insurance, discounted cinema tickets and many more)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing the needs of prospective and new residents and confirming that the needs of prospective residents can be met within the home
- Implementing and monitoring drug systems and stocks
- Implementing and monitoring care plan in accordance with company policy
- Ensuring confidentiality of all information in accordance with data protection
- Liaising with GPs, nurses and other healthcare professionals
- Ensure that the social, occupational, recreational, medical, dietary and religious needs of clients are met whether indigenous or ethnic origin.
- Comply with the requirements of the CQC in regard to complaints
- Work within agreed budgets by effectively managing resources and ensuring the smooth and efficient administration of the Home
- Participating in quality assurance inspections
- Maintaining correct statutory and company records
- Complying with all health and safety requirements.
- Complying with all policies in relation to recruitment and retention of staff.
- Ensuring effective induction and foundation training for all staff.
- Implementing and maintaining the company performance appraisal and staff supervision system within the Home.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining appropriate training for staff
- Carrying out disciplinary and grievance procedures as outlined
- Planning staff rotas
- Diploma level 5 in Health and Social Care
Previous experience in managing a Residential Home