My client is one of the largest venue organisations in the country and has grown over the last 25 years, to adapt to the demands of the ever-changing events industry. The Group consists of a purpose-built conference and exhibition facility, three hotels with a combined total of 341 bedrooms, and an event production company which specialises in corporate conferences and special events.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Events Manager
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
To assist with the smooth running of the Operations Department liaising with clients to discuss their requirements ensuring all relevant departments are communicated with to ensure the highest standard of service is delivered ensuring clients needs are met.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To liaise closely with the Sales Department in respect of events taking place at the venue
- To meet with clients to assist with the planning / managing of events and to discuss their requirements.
- To up sell additional products / services wherever possible.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure organiser’s requests are fulfilled and involve HOD’s in planning meetings with clients as and when necessary.
- To liaise with key suppliers and contractors for services.
- To produce and issue Event Notes to all relevant departments, ensuring highest degree of accuracy and precision.
- Use Visio package for drawing floor plans.
- To chair Internal Planning Meetings to instruct departments of event requirements as and when required.
- To work during events as required and to act as a co-ordinator between clients and all operational departments to ensure the smooth running of an event.
- To ensure clients are quoted correctly and budgeted costs for events are achieved.
- To pass on correct information to the accounts department for invoicing ensuring accounts procedures for purchasing are adhered to at all times.
- To behave in a friendly and hospitable manner to all clients, colleagues, contractors and suppliers.
- Previous experience in an Event Managers role
- Experience of working alongside and building relationships with customers desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with clients at all levels in a professional manner.
- High degree of personal confidence with excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages including Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint - use of Visio desirable
- Ability to multi-task and manage the delivery of events in a timely manner.
- High attention to detail and accuracy including the ability to deal with figures
- Demonstrable common-sense, initiative and problem-solving skills with the ability to share experience and support other team members.
- Good sense of humour.
They are offering a basic salary of around £25kdepending on experience, with numerous other benefits and incentives. Please call Dan at Alexander Chapel to discuss or apply now with your CV