We are currently looking to recruit a Material Planner for a busy automotive manufacturer within the Burton on Trent area.
The job description is outlined below;
- Raise Purchase orders from MRP system ensuring timely placement and delivery of components in line with production planning requirements.
- Expedite and reschedule open purchase orders to suit production planning requirements.
- Review historical data including sales trends, research demand drivers, material on time delivery, commodity spends within production. Coordinate research data to identify significant variances. Share, communicate and report on variances to both internal and external supply chain.
- Interact with production planner and sales to understand demand forecast drivers
- Use and maintain MRP data as the primary planning system tool.
- Provide input in developing departmental strategies for inventory on existing items, new product introduction and phase outs.
- Reporting gathered information within production meeting environment
- Create statistical reports:
- Gather, analyse and validate data.
- Share data with relevant departments and external suppliers.
- Working with demand and forecast incorporating current and accurate information to allow the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide supply chain with appropriate information to allow planning on how to meet demand.
- Improved relationships among production planners, sales, production supervisors and quality which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and optimising the forecast to better guide the company.
- Excellent systems and methods to continually improve forecast allowing the company to better anticipate customer needs.
- Execute with excellence in the area of stock and demand replenishment providing feedback to the supply chain on risks regarding replenishment levels and demand.
- You will be expected to report to suppliers and customers.
Reporting into the Logistics Manager, the role will form an integral part of a dedicated production /Supply team.
Gathering and sharing appropriate information and ensuring targets are met and procedures are followed at all times. Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment is essential, supporting the Planning and Procurement team to ensure this function can continuously improve, add value to the organization and work alongside the different disciplines within the company to achieve results.
The following skills would be advantageous;
- Min of 2 years in a planning/procurement role within a manufacturing/Automotive T1 facility
- MRP experience is essential
- SAP experience is essential
- Working within a Purchasing Team is advantageous
- A knowledge and aptitude for engineering is desirable
- Competent IT Skills in Microsoft Office
- Experience of statistical reporting, forecasting and understanding of financial and operational impacts of forecasting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- Well organised and prides themselves in attention to detail
- Ability to be assertive to achieve goals
- Can work on own initiative
- Ability to work without close supervision
- A genuine interest in business
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75100943