Principal / Associate Transport Planner
Job Title: Principal / Associate Transport Planner
Salary: £40K - £55K
This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career with a successful employer. You will play a key role in driving the transportation business in the Midlands, including developing and implementing focussed business development activities in order to continue to grow our market share regionally.
You will be involved with the assessment of the transportation needs relating to clients' development proposals. You will work towards solutions which are acceptable to all stakeholders. You will be working with a strong, growing and varied portfolio of clients and the ability to articulate and communicate planning ideas, concepts and proposals is essential.
1. Providing planning-stage support for a variety of development schemes
2. Preparation of technical assessment documents and reports for planning submissions
3. Technical assessments of junction performance using a range of industry-standard traffic modelling software
4. The drafting of Travel Plans and sustainability assessments
5. General arrangement design work for new junctions and accesses onto the road network
6. Attending project meetings and conducting on-site visits
7. Planning Appeals/Public Inquiries etc.
8. Client liaison/business development
9. Mentoring of junior staff
10. Attending public consultation events.
11. This is a permanent position, offering an excellent salary plus a flexible benefits package.
You will have strong written, numeracy and verbal communication skills and a client-focussed approach to your work. We also expect you to be enthusiastic and industrious with a willingness to learn new skills.
We will expect competence in the use of TRICS, TEMPRO, Junctions9 (ARCADY / PICADY) and preferably LinSig3. Significant experience of writing Transport Assessments/Statements and Travel Plans is essential with knowledge of both local authority and highway authority processes and procedures, and a track record of engaging with clients.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.