Supply Chain Hub Manager
Supply Chain Hub Manager - Central Services
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our head office for an ambitious and talented Supply Chain Hub Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated procurement professionals.
As the Supply Chain Hub Manager, you will be responsible for managing relationships with, and maximising commercial advantage from, the Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements. Working across the Construction & Infrastructure businesses.Experience within a procurement, supply chain or commercial role is required, as is having an understanding of the UK Construction Market i.e. manufacture, distributors and subcontractors who supply it.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a Supply Chain Hub Manager you will:
- Drive value from Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements, maximising commercial advantage
- To ensure the management and use of Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements is effective in the supply chain, leading relationship management, development and robust performance management
- To manage and improve the performance of the Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements driving innovations and best practice techniques
- Promote the Group Trading Agreements within the business, and facilitate engagement with subcontractors
- Lead project engagement with the Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements to include manufacturers, distributors and subcontractors
- Tracking and traceability of products for Morgan Sindall projects
- Evaluate project specific value offerings from the Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements
- Maintain and develop relationships with suppliers, manufacturers and key subcontractors
- Champion the use of Group Trading Agreements within the business, and with subcontractors
- Work winning - provide high quality input to bid teams, input to procurement strategies, attend pre-contract / tender meetings as required to provide support
- Routinely gather and share market trade and commodity intelligence
- Seek out innovations to differentiate Morgan Sindall supply chain
- Facilitate engagement of preferred subcontractors to Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements
- Build, develop and enhance relationships with Group Trading Agreement suppliers and manufacturers
- Produce internal KPI reporting packs for key trades and commodities
- Gap analysis of trades and commodities; identifying shortfalls of Group Trading Agreements and identifying potential opportunities for new agreements
- Negotiate and draw up agreements where required
- Jointly work with Heads of Supply Chain and Supply Chain Managers to promote Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreement specification, maximising commercial return
- Work with Procurement Managers and Supply Chain Managers across Morgan Sindall to develop procurement and supply chain strategies for specific products and trades
- Promote the Supply Chain Management strategy 'Customer of Choice’
- Support Group Procurement activities and initiatives as required
- Support Perfect Delivery and ensure the Supply Chain is 100% safe and sustainable
Already experienced in a Supply Chain, Procurement or Commercial role, you will be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent qualification
About the Team:
The central procurement team is made up of 11 buyers and 4 database administrators working across all sections of Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure business.
This includes the low value procurement of materials and plant and the efficient, effective management of the central supplier database.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People 'Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.