Customer Complaint Handler
Customer Complaint Handler, Birmingham
Competitive Salary and benefits.
Customer Complaint Handlers are passionate about delivering superior customer service. They are part of a team who have a significant role in influencing the way we resolve our customers' problems. An integral part of Service Recovery, they deal with customer issues in a professional and empathetic manner via the telephone and full written responses. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, energetic and passionate individual.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Listening to customers, understanding what they are saying, how they are feeling and work with them to address their concerns and agree the way forward.
- Keeping it simple for the customer, building confidence by solving their problems quickly and efficiently. Influencing and owning the issue to ensure successful resolution.
- Being empowered and trusted to take responsibility, making decisions and using judgement to deliver a fair outcome.
- Being forward looking, preventing further issues by creating long term and innovative solutions.
- Delivering Superior Customer Service at all times
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Existing complaints handling experience, ideally within financial services
- Excellent telephone manner with a passion to deliver excellence.
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Customer Service, in-bound telephony, Collections knowledge is desirable but not essential
- A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers
- An open, flexible and supportive approach to change and innovation
- Consistently achieved objectives set for them with a record of ongoing development and self-improvement.
- Self-awareness with confidence to work independently whilst demonstrating teamwork / collaborative working.
- Written communication skills, with experience of adapting your style, is desirable but not essential
From the moment you join our team, on top of a competitive salary, you will also receive the following benefits package, including:
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Bupa healthcare for you and your family worth up to £775
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of up to 17% *
- Life assurance (4x base salary)
- 25 days' holiday, plus 8 public and bank holidays - with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- My Choice - our flexible benefits scheme
- A dress-down policy, so you can come to work dressed how you feel comfortable (within reason!)
We're here when our customers need us so you'll need to be flexible in the hours you work. We operate various shift patterns and our centre is open between 8am and 10am, 7 days a week.
Joining our team will provide you with a range of career options and exposure within HSBC. We are also relocating our UK Head Office ring fenced banking operations to Birmingham and significantly increasing career opportunities in the Midlands area.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
*Pension core contribution of 10% on first £20,100 of pensionable salary and 9% on any remaining salary over £20,100 plus 7% matching contributions