Data Engineer Python Google BigQuery
Data Engineer | Manufacturing Industry | Coventry
- Python, SQL, Google Big Query, Google Cloud Platform
£40,000 to £55,000 plus benefits
A world-renowned organisation, well known for being one of the most cutting-edge technology companies in their industry.
2017 sees them tackle data & analytics on an almost unprecedented scale, with a massive project to tackle the biggest and toughest analytical problems across the business, taking into account a variety of use cases and technology.
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
As Data Engineer, you'll play a vital role as part of an incredibly ambitious team, including some of the best Analysts, Data Scientists and Architects in the industry.
You'll help to tackle a variety of use cases by developing a complex Big Data platform (predominantly using Python & Google Cloud Platform / BigQuery) and help to accelerate data through the design and implementation of highly scalable data pipelines & ETL.
Your platform will be multi-faceted and highly adaptable as the project evolves, integrating new tools (e.g. Hadoop & Spark) in an agile framework. You'll need to be independent to research new tools and data sources, as well as be able to work closely with the team.
WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?
- 2 years+ Data Engineering experience - they may also consider an Analyst with some development experience that is looking for a dedicated Data Engineer position
- Solid programming skills, preferably with Python but other languages will be considered
- Strong SQL experience, any flavour is ok
- Experience with Big Data platforms, e.g. Hadoop, Spark, AWS, BigQuery is preferred
- An understanding of how data can benefit the wider business, and how to translate technical requirements to non-technical stakeholders
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
- The opportunity to improve your technical skills whilst being given the opportunity to innovate and introduce new tech & ideas
- The chance to join one of the biggest projects of its sort in the UK at this time
- £40,000 to £55,000 plus benefits
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel that this is the one for you, click the apply link on this page - if not, but you're interested in other Data Engineer positions, please get in touch with Jethro Willett at Harnham, as the market has never been busier!
Data Engineer, Python, SQL, Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, Big Query, Hadoop, Spark, Coventry