Health, Safety & Environmental Officer
HSE Officer - Derby - Salary is dependant on experience.
Clemence Rogers are currently working in partnership with a client in the recruitment of an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental Officer.
Implementation and monitoring of the Group Compliance & HSE Strategy throughout Divisional locations. Monitor compliance standards and devise practical improvement solutions that can be implemented at locations. Identify and minimise non conformances and devise solutions in accordance with continual improvement (QM) objectives.
1. Promote, advise and guide the local teams on all aspects of HSE and Compliance responsibilities
2. Provide support and HSE training for the local teams.
3. Undertake full HSE auditing twice per year at each location and recommend corrective actions for local implementation.
4. Prepare timely data for submission on HSE compliance as required.
5. Review the company exposure to HS&E risks and identify and implement where appropriate the necessary corrective measures
6. Undertake accident investigations as required and monitor data in order to highlight causes, identify remedial actions and reduce risks
7. Monitor the implementation of Group HSE & Compliance initiatives to ensure that expected results are achieved and benefits realised
8. Undertake and implement projects and initiatives in order to improve HS&E standards
9. Control and monitor the performance and service provided to the business by our occupational health advisors
10. Assist with management of premises and facilities and undertakes projects associated with this tasks.
11. Coordinates the business response to insurance claims and assists brokers and agents in identifying documents, witnesses and preparing responses.
12. Maintains the all HSE records in a timely manner through the management system (SHE)
Skills & Competencies
1. BSC, IOSH, NEBOSH or other formal safety qualification
2. Communication/Influencing skills
3. Presentation skills
4. Knowledge of current legislation
5. Project Management
6. Team Leadership
7. Influencing Skills