Property Manager- For Large Growing Residential Portfolio
Local Sutton Coldfield office of National group seeking experienced Property Manager to maintain large residential property portfolio. Family run local office with a large growing portfolio of managed properties. Active in area as a premier Lettings, Sales and Investment company. Additional training opportunities available. Office incentive schemes available.
Working directly with a junior property coordinator and liaising with specialist team of loyal contractors.
Main objectives of this role:
- Maintain the level of service and quality standards set out by Martin & Co
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, courtesy and efficiency in dealing with the public.
- Manage the property portfolio in order to maximize and retain clients.
- Deal with all renewal of tenancies and accompanying negotiations.
- Secure renewal fees from both landlords and tenants.
- Provide careful and considerate advice as and when necessary.
- To operate with the confines of the Housing Acts and Lettings legislation.
- To operate to the standards set by our regulatory bodies.
- Manage the property portfolio in order to maximize office income including the retention of properties and clients.
- Manage all property maintenance issues.
- Liaise with Landlords and negotiate with contractors for works to be carried out on properties.
- Arrange inventories, gas safety certificates, EPC’s and all other legal documentation to ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation.
- Ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation with regards to: gas safety, fire and furnishings, electrical safety, HMO’s, non-resident landlords.
- Liaise with independent inventory company and front office staff to ensure a smooth check in/out process.
- Arrange and carry out property inspections including reporting findings to the Landlord and arranging remedial works and/or follow up visits if required.
- Manage all tenancy renewals and secure renewal fees from Landlords and Tenants.
- Deal with complaints from Landlords and Tenants.
- Handle deposit dispute negotiations (inline with DPS procedures).
- Chase overdue rental payments.
- Handle all landlords correspondence post let.
- Ensure all data is entered into the Property Management system to guarantee continuity of filing systems.
- Complete property management notes to track progress of maintenance issues.
- Notify utility companies of all new tenants and change of occupants including the forwarding of all meter readings.
- Deal with general maintenance issues promptly with relation to the existing managed portfolio.
- Monitor contractors performance and approve invoices received for onward payment by the accounts department.
- Arrange repairs in order of priority and in accordance with Martin & Co terms of business and ensure strong and prompt communication with landlords is maintained.
- Monitor the progress of all maintenance issues, up to the point of payment of the suppliers invoice to ensure all works have been satisfactorily completed.
- Manage the property diary system to ensure that all reminders, gas safety inspections, management visits and tenancy renewals are completed on time.
- Handle any overflow business with regards to call handling, viewings, booking appointments etc.
- Informing your Line Manager of any ideas which may improve performance and efficiency.
- From time to time perform duties outside of this job description reasonably requested of you.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism at all times.
Core Skills For Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent customer focus
- Excellent communication and IT Skills
- Excellent time management, prioritising and organisation skills
- Driving licence is essential
- Must be able to work Saturdays on regular occasions.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in Property Management (as a junior or senior)
- Ideally with experience of property management software, Jupix is a bonus
- Good knowledge of property defects and how to resolve them
- Local knowledge is a bonus but not necessary
- NFOPP/ARLA qualifications desirable
- Office based in Sutton Coldfield, operating throughout North Birmingham and Surrounding areas
- Office open Monday-Friday 9am till 5pm, Saturdays 9am till 2pm
- Full time position, 40 hours normal week