EB4694: Plant Engineer (Forge Section)
Salary: £45,000 to £59,000 DOE
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Hours: Monday to Friday (08:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs)
Benefits: Excellent Company Benefits
An opportunity has arisen to work with a World Class Manufacturing Company who are now looking to employ a Plant Engineer to work within their Forge Section. This Plant Engineer role will suit someone keen to find an exciting opportunity in a business that offers genuine, realistic and proven career progression by means of succession planning - we are looking for someone with drive and ambition.
The role of Plant Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager, you will have the responsibility for plant availability, reliability and effectiveness. This includes recognition of, and development for future improvements alongside on going and preventative maintenance requirements and the day to day management for the reliability of equipment on site.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
The Plant Engineer shall be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that (within your section) Plant and Equipment is running safely and effectively.
- Ensure sufficient Plans are in place to ensure future Reliability of Plant
- Investigate and reduce recurring Plant issues to maximise uptime
- Analysis of Engineering based non-standards
- Complete regular reviews of Preventative and Planned Maintenance
- Ensure safe working through method statements and risk assessments (RAMS)
- Implement Plant and process improvements
- Control and understand engineering spend
- Ensure sufficient spares to minimise downtime
- Understand and comply with Environmental and Safety legislation
- Liaise closely with Maintenance and Operations departments to maximise opportunities during Plant downtime
- Identify cost savings through Plant improvement and energy savings
Skills required: Whilst we accept you may not have ALL of what is listed below, we’d like to be able to tick some/most of these criteria and we WILL CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS with less experience that can progress into this role (in such circumstances, the salary will reflect the skills and experience accordingly)
- Ability to find faults and analysis of cause and prevention
- Able to coach and mentor Maintenance Staff
- Ability to communicate at a technical level with peers and external subject matter experts
- Can produce technical reports on dangerous occurrences a Plant Incidents
- Understanding of complex hydraulic systems and pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of forging press operations
- Knowledge of reheat furnaces, refractories and controls
- Understanding of cranes and lifting equipment
Education and Experience:
- Degree/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant Industry, and related role within manufacturing
About the Salary & Benefits: Basic annual salary of up to £59k, WE WILL CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS with less experience that can progress into this role (in such circumstances, the salary will reflect the skills and experience accordingly) - discretionary bonus (around 8% per annum) paid on individual and company performance, 26 days leave (+ 9 Bank & statutory holidays), pension (employee and employer contributions up to 8%), Private Health and Dental Care, other schemes including childcare vouchers etc. Working hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm – Monday to Friday.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.