A world renowned Global Automotive Manufacturer is looking to recruit a Hot Stamping Process Engineer in the Cannock Area. Although you will be based in Cannock you will be required to travel abroad to support tooling buy offs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic world renowned company established over 20 years. You will be joining a forward thinking company that has progressed substantially over this time.
Experienced Tooling Engineer required to Support the development, procurement and introduction of new tooling, also supporting Customer Engineering Change Requests, cost down improvements & existing Tooling issues within Plant when required.
Reporting into the Senior Tooling Engineer you will be expected to support and develop the procurement and implementation of new instrumentation within the company.
You will need to hold a full driving license, as travelling to customers and suppliers will be required as and when necessary. It is wise that you are prepared for periods away from home at domestic and foreign customers and suppliers. You will also need to have a valid passport, with 6 month minimum remaining.
- Reporting tooling & project status
- Conduct TB01 and TB02 tooling buy off activity
- Escalate issues that could potentially undermine the program
- Lead tool design approval
- Numerical Reasoning and Interpreting Data
- Fault Diagnosis/Problem Solving
- Design Feasibility
- Customer Liason
- Presswork / Tooling / Toolroom.
- A proven background of Tooling knowledge combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- HNC / Degree in Manufacturing or Engineering
- Engineering Apprenticeship as a Toolmaker or equivalent
Competitive Salary is offered
This is a permanent, full time position
THE POINT OF CONTACT